Call for Submissions: Short Stories
Submissions are now open.
We are planning to publish an anthology of new writing in summer 2019, with an introduction by June Caldwell (Room Little Darker, New Island, 2017).
Deadline for submissions is 31 January 2019.
- Stories accepted from any and all genres.
- Length and subject are left up to the author. We particularly welcome experimental stories that offer something new.
- Multiple submissions welcome.
- Translations/international submissions welcome.
- Only unpublished stories please. We are happy to consider stories that have been submitted elsewhere, but please do let us know if they are accepted for publication in another journal, anthology or online so we can withdraw your submission.
- We are a relatively new press and do not currently receive external funding. We feel it is really important that writers are paid, although we cannot at this time give as much as we would like. Contributing authors will receive a small fee (£75-100) and a copy of the anthology. The final amount will depend on how many stories we are including in the anthology.
Please email your story/stories to Emma@noalibispress.com. A couple of lines about who you are would be nice too.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Emma@noalibispress.com